PenTrust originates first mortgage loans or equity investments for the development of commercial
real estate projects that meet the following criteria:
- Projects are of substantial quality and are generally located in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Most projects are new construction or substantial renovation of existing properties, utilizing 100% union building trades labor.
- Property types include office, industrial, retail, multi-family housing, lodging and other opportunities in strategic locations with easy access to major highways.
- Project size ranges from $1 million to $40 million.
- Transactions are prudently structured to achieve market or above-market rates of return while minimizing potential risk.
- Construction loans are funded monthly during the course of construction which many times convert to permanent fixed rate loans.
- Equity investments are typically structured as limited partnerships or participating mortgages.
During the construction phase of each project, PenTrust works with the local union building trades and contractors
to monitor compliance with the union labor requirement, and to ensure that the job is on-time and on-budget. After
the completion of construction, PenTrust also monitors the financial performance and physical condition of each